Sunday, June 13, 2010

Chocolate Milk = The Perfect Recovery Drink

A couple months ago, I had written about how coconut water was all the rage with runners and exercise enthusiasts these days. Well, I've got another "natural" nutrition rage for you. Chocolate milk is now becoming runners' favorite post-run recovery drink. Seriously, I looked around at the Bagel Bin where all the HCS runners hang out after our Saturday runs and over half of them were drinking chocolate milk (Bagel Bin better start stocking up on more chocolate milk on Saturdays!). Chocolate milk apparently has the perfect blend of carbohydrates and protein to rehydrate the body and help muscles recover/reduce soreness.

Everyone who knows me knows that I always have random chocolate milk cravings. I always feel like such a kid drinking from a milk carton or out of a bottle with a huge picture of a bunny on it. Well, now I have a legitimate excuse for drinking chocolate milk all the time! And I must say, the chocolatey yumminess is quite satisfying after a long and tough workout!

4 comments:

  1. I drink Ensure, its not just for old people who can't chew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen coconut water and chocolate milk a lot lately now that you bring it up. And I always think "Hey, Tien drinks this!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just wanna say that A LOT of stuff is still unwritten, get to blogging yo, lazy bum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dang son, straight up call me out like that! LOL! I know, I've been lazy...what else is new?!

    ReplyDelete